for Students or Individuals
This online competency-based curriculum provides all of the tools and information needed to prepare candidates for the national certification exam and a career in healthcare.
Benefits for Students and Individuals
- Provides a healthcare career opportunity in minimal hours from the convenience of home.
- Training and certification provide increased opportunities for placement and advancement in the healthcare field.
- Students get a full year of access to complete the self-paced program.
- Practical resources such as charts, guides and other tools provide useful reference for students long after their training is complete.
- PTU makes a career opportunity in healthcare affordable and accessible!
- Recover your education investment in as little as two weeks as a fulltime technician and avoid a mountain of student loan debt!
- Easy-to-use and interesting course materials like videos and slides
- Modules divided into short parts you can complete at your own pace
- Knowledge checks and learning activities to help you remember what you’ve learned
- Web-based training for access from any Internet-connected computer
- Self- paced program provides 365 days of access for completion
- Thorough exam prep for PTCE® and ExCPT exams
Pharmacy Technicians University offers:
- PTU 101: (Retail or Provider) (92.6 hours):
- Didactic training program for retail pharmacy or candidates not required to seek national certification by their state laws or regulation.*
- PTU Advanced Training Program: (127 hours):
- Includes the 92.6 hours from PTU 101 plus 34.4 additional hours of specialized training (including sterile product preparation) and prepares candidates to take the national certification exam.*
- PTU Advanced Training Program: (160 hours)
- Includes the 127 hours from the PTU Advanced Training Program plus 33 additional required preceptor hours, to be completed with either a self or employer coordinated externship.*
Which Program is Right for Me?
Depending on your individual goals for employment, certification, and/or licensure as a pharmacy technician your course requirements, hours, and documentation will vary widely from state to state.
If certification and/or licensure is your goal, it is critically important that you review the state board requirements for the state in which you plan to practice prior to deciding which course to purchase.
RxTOOLKIT and TRC Healthcare can assist in answering many pre-sale questions you may have, as well as assist in providing documentation at the completion of your chosen program, but neither are responsible for your choice of program or it’s potential for state approval. We recommend you contact the state board for which you plan to practice directly to verify if our program is right for your goals.
Individual State Information/Links:
If your goal is certification and/or licensure in LA, SC, and ND our programs are not recommended due to additional requirements concerning ASHP/ACPE accreditation.
If your goal is certification and/or licensure in CA, DC, FL, IN, MA, MN, WA, or WV we strongly recommend that you work directly with an employer in order to meet these requirements. Without an employer, it may be difficult for you to achieve the documentation and preceptor hours required by these states. Many states require a pre-approval of your chosen program prior to commencement of the program. For more information, please visit the appropriate link for your state:
- CA: https://pharmacy.ca.gov/applicants/tch.shtml
- DC: https://dchealth.dc.gov/service/pharmacy-technician-registration-application-package
- FL: https://floridaspharmacy.gov/licensing/registered-pharmacy-technician/
- IN: https://www.in.gov/pla/2898.htm
- MA: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/apply-for-a-pharmacy-technician-license
- MN: https://mn.gov/boards/pharmacy/licenseregistration/newtechnician.jsp
- WA: https://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/ProfessionsNewReneworUpdate/PharmacyTechnician/ApplicationsandForms
- WV: https://www.wvbop.com/practitioners/pharmtechs/index.asp
Check your PTCB state requirements regarding national certification here.
Looking for more information?
TRC™ Healthcare, Pharmacy Technicians University™, and PTU 101™ are trademarks of Therapeutic Research Center. Copyright © 2021 Therapeutic Research Center (TRC) All Rights Reserved.