Take the headache out of technician training and compliance this online, competency-based curriculum that simplifies the educational experience, improves efficiency, and helps reduce errors.
RxTOOLKIT eLEARNING™ has partnered with TRC Healthcare (Authors of Pharmacist’s Letter and Pharmacy Technician’s Letter) in advancement of TRC’s Pharmacy Technicians University™ (PTU). This online competency-based curriculum provides all of the tools and information you need to prepare your techs for the job and the national certification exam.
Training and certification ensure that your pharmacy technicians have the core competencies required to safely perform the full scope of practice as well as the right attitude for advancing success at your organization.
Pharmacy Technicians University™ takes the headache out of technician training and compliance with convenient, cost-effective, online training including real-world scenarios and rich media content.
Most importantly, trained, competent, and reliable techs can drastically reduce your facility’s overall medication error rate.
RxTOOLKIT® donates a portion of proceeds from PTU directly to the Emily Jerry Foundation, whose mission is to help make our nation’s medical facilities safer for everyone.
Pharmacy Technicians University offers:
- PTU 101: 80-Hour Program:
- Accessible from anywhere, always available, and easy to use
- PTU 101: 110-Hour Program:
- Including 30-hours of specialized training essential for institutional pharmacy proficiency
- Tracking and reporting at the individual level as well as full program visibility
- A pharmacy career assessment (PCA) and a pre-employment skill assessment to assist in determining if a candidate would be a good fit for your organization:
- Short essay questions designed to determine technician interest, motivation, and commitment level to pharmacy as career choice
- Reading comprehension and math assessment
Program Benefits Include:
- Achievable hourly and practice-model specific courses
- Continuously updated with changes to state laws and regulations
- Relevant, enriched content to engage students:
- Realistic context supports active learning and problem solving with real-world scenarios
- Technicians develop observational and critical thinking skills across multiple learning modalities (videos, audios, interactive modules, learning games, and didactic content)
- Technicians are provided charts, guides and other reference tools useful for long after training is complete
How does it work?
Watch this quick overview of the program:
TRC™ Healthcare, Pharmacy Technicians University™, and PTU 101™ are trademarks of Therapeutic Research Center. Copyright © 2018 Therapeutic Research Center (TRC) All Rights Reserved.