Simplify the educational experience, improve efficiency, and reduce medication errors with Pharmacy Technicians University.
RxTOOLKIT eLEARNING™ has partnered with TRC Healthcare (Authors of Pharmacist’s Letter and Pharmacy Technician’s Letter) in advancement of TRC’s Pharmacy Technicians University™ (PTU).
Pharmacy Technicians University is a comprehensive online pharmacy technician training program that includes exam prep for the PTCE® and ExCPT exams. PTU is engaging, self-paced, and interactive!
This online competency-based curriculum provides all of the tools and information needed to prepare candidates for the national certification exam and a career in healthcare.
Most importantly, trained, competent, and reliable techs can drastically reduce overall medication error rates contributing to improved patient safety.
RxTOOLKIT® donates a portion of their proceeds from PTU to the Emily Jerry Foundation, whose mission is to help make our nation’s medical facilities safer for everyone.
Pharmacy Technicians University offers:
- PTU 101: (Retail or Provider) (83 hours):
- Didactic training program for retail pharmacy or candidates not required to seek national certification by their state laws or regulation.*
- PTU Advanced Training Program: (126 hours):
- Includes the 83 hours from PTU 101 plus 43 additional hours of specialized training (including sterile product preparation) and prepares candidates to take the national certification exam.*
- PTU Advanced Training Program: (160 hours):
- Includes the 126 hours from the PTU Advanced Training Program plus 34 additional required preceptor hours, to be completed with either a self or employer coordinated externship.*
*Check your PTCB state requirements regarding national certification here.
Program Benefits Include:
- Current course curriculum reflects the latest industry trends.
- Motivating scenario simulations give techs context for active learning and problem solving via “real-life” scenarios that facilitate appropriate information transfer and recall.
- Innovative course design helps technicians learn while developing observational and critical thinking skills.
- Engaging content (including interactive exercises, learning games, and videos) is intermixed with didactic content to accommodate different learning styles.
- Convenient, cost-effective online courses, including real-world scenarios and rich media content
- Materials are updated regularly to keep up with changing regulations
PTU prepares technicians for:
- Provider and hospital settings
- Retail and community settings
- Health and wellness institutions such as long-term care and physical therapy centers
- Passing the national certification exam:
- PTCB National Average Pass Rate: 57%
- PTU Student Average Pass Rate: 77%
How does it work?
Watch this quick overview of the program:
Looking for more information?
- More information about PTU for STUDENTS here
- More information about PTU for GROUPS here
- FAQs regarding PTU here
TRC™ Healthcare, Pharmacy Technicians University™, and PTU 101™ are trademarks of Therapeutic Research Center. Copyright © 2019 Therapeutic Research Center (TRC) All Rights Reserved.