for Groups or Organizations
Training and certification ensue that aspiring pharmacy technicians have the core competencies required to safely perform the full scope of practice as well as the right attitude for advancing success.
Providing Value From Your Investment
- Constant updates eliminate the need to personally create and maintain course content
- Self-paced, online program allows for more efficient training
- PTU prepares students so they can pass the national certification exam. Our average pass rate is 16% higher than the national average
- Many states permit higher cost-saving pharmacist to technician ratios for certified technicians
- Monitoring state requirements for technicians is time consuming
- Many state regulations require trained/certified technicians, and the training requirements increase every year*
- In-house training ensures consistent skills and knowledge
- Well-trained technicians improve efficiency and make fewer errors
- Training and development improves employee retention
- Well-trained technicians improve accuracy, efficiency and patient safety
- Finding and hiring trained, certified technicians is incredibly challenging
- Easy-to-use and interesting course materials like videos and slides
- Modules divided into short parts you can complete at your own pace
- Knowledge checks and learning activities to help you remember what you’ve learned
- Web-based training for access from any Internet-connected computer
- Self- paced program provides 365 days of access for completion
- Thorough exam prep for PTCE® and ExCPT exams
Pharmacy Technicians University offers:
- PTU 101: (Retail or Provider) (83 hours):
- Didactic training program for retail pharmacy or candidates not required to seek national certification by their state laws or regulation.*
- PTU Advanced Training Program: (126 hours):
- Includes the 83 hours from PTU 101 plus 43 additional hours of specialized training (including sterile product preparation) and prepares candidates to take the national certification exam.*
- PTU Advanced Training Program: (160 hours)
- Includes the 126 hours from the PTU Advanced Training Program plus 34 additional required preceptor hours, to be completed with either a self or employer coordinated externship.*
Which Program is Right for My Techs?
*Check your PTCB state requirements regarding national certification here.
Looking for more information?
TRC™ Healthcare, Pharmacy Technicians University™, and PTU 101™ are trademarks of Therapeutic Research Center. Copyright © 2019 Therapeutic Research Center (TRC) All Rights Reserved.