for Students or Individuals
This online competency-based curriculum provides all of the tools and information needed to prepare candidates for the national certification exam and a career in healthcare.
Benefits for Students and Individuals
- Provides a healthcare career opportunity in minimal hours from the convenience of home.
- Training and certification provide increased opportunities for placement and advancement in the healthcare field.
- Students get a full year of access to complete the self-paced program.
- Practical resources such as charts, guides and other tools provide useful reference for students long after their training is complete.
- PTU makes a career opportunity in healthcare affordable and accessible!
- Recover your education investment in as little as two weeks as a fulltime technician and avoid a mountain of student loan debt!
- Easy-to-use and interesting course materials like videos and slides
- Modules divided into short parts you can complete at your own pace
- Knowledge checks and learning activities to help you remember what you’ve learned
- Web-based training for access from any Internet-connected computer
- Self- paced program provides 365 days of access for completion
- Thorough exam prep for PTCE® and ExCPT exams
Pharmacy Technicians University offers:
- PTU 101: (Retail or Provider) (83 hours):
- Didactic training program for retail pharmacy or candidates not required to seek national certification by their state laws or regulation.*
- PTU Advanced Training Program: (126 hours):
- Includes the 83 hours from PTU 101 plus 43 additional hours of specialized training (including sterile product preparation) and prepares candidates to take the national certification exam.*
- PTU Advanced Training Program: (160 hours)
- Includes the 126 hours from the PTU Advanced Training Program plus 34 additional required preceptor hours, to be completed with either a self or employer coordinated externship.*
Which Program is Right for Me?
*Check your PTCB state requirements regarding national certification here.
Looking for more information?
TRC™ Healthcare, Pharmacy Technicians University™, and PTU 101™ are trademarks of Therapeutic Research Center. Copyright © 2019 Therapeutic Research Center (TRC) All Rights Reserved.